Friday, May 11, 2012

Flats Handwashing Challenge


 Kim Rosas, from Dirty Diaper Laundry, held a flats handwashing challenge last year in response to all of the media coverage about how low-income families were re-using disposable diapers. Her challenge was to prove that a low-income family can afford to cloth diaper for very little money and that they can hand wash their diapers at home. This is the second year she is holding this challenge. This year, I am participating. You can find her original post at this link: First Flats Handwashing Challenge

Here is the link for the current challenge: Second Annual Flats Handwashing Challenge 

I will be cloth diapering my 1 year old and my 2.5 year old. My goal is to use the flats for the entire challenge and to also use flats at night. I plan on making the camp bucket that Kim showed how to make last year. Since I am cloth diapering two full time, I will need to wash diapers every day during this challenge. I plan to hang drying outside and inside, so I can see the drying time both ways, as most families would hang dry inside during the winter. I am very excited about this challenge and I will be blogging about it every day during my experience.

The challenge is May 21-27, 2012. Stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment